- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually add to eggs. Stir in mincemeat, walnuts and butter; pour into crust.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Mincemeat Pie in Country Woman November/December 1995, p33
Reviews for Walnut Mincemeat Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2012
"Same as review before mine, husband had never tried mincemeat before - but he loved this! It was so rich and Christmassy, mmmm."