Meet the Cook: As a cold and tasty finishing touch, my husband and I usually put a dip of ice cream on top of this pie. The recipe's from my mother - each year, I make it for Christmas, and then for my sister-in-law's New Year's party besides. -Laverne Kamp, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups prepared mincemeat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Combine the sugar, flour and salt; gradually add to eggs. Stir in mincemeat, walnuts and butter; pour into crust.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325° bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Mincemeat Pie in Country Woman November/December 1995, p33
Reviews for Walnut Mincemeat Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review