Walnut Ham Linguine
These recipe is a pleasing combination of textures and flavors. The garlic seasons this dish wonderfully.—Mike Pickerel, Columbia, Missouri
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham slices, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add walnuts; saute for 2
- minutes longer. Stir in ham; cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta. Add to ham mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan
- and parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 477 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 412 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now