- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham slices, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add walnuts; saute for 2 minutes longer. Stir in ham; cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta. Add to ham mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forWalnut Ham Linguine
"I've been making this for many, many years. It's absolutely fabulous. Use whatever shape pasta you have on hand. You'll not be disappointed. Occasionally I'll add sauted mushrooms or leftover cooked vegetables."
"Very much a family pleaser--even my picky eater liked it!!"
"This has been my go-to recipe for years, ever since I first saw it in the magazine. You can use any kind of pasta and cut the ham up any way you prefer, too. It will still be ABSOLUTELY everyone's favorite dish ever. Ever."