Walnut Green Bean Salad
Sauteed green beans, hunks of blue cheese and toasted nuts make this an extremely decadent salad. "I lightened up two recipes and combined them into this elegant specialty," writes Sarah Bartel from her home in Kewaunee, Wisconsin.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the green beans in 1 tablespoon
- oil until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens
- and beans.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and remaining oil; drizzle over
- salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and blue cheese. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 68 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.