Walnut Green Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the green beans in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens and beans.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and remaining oil; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and blue cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 68 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Walnut Green Bean Salad
"Used Feta cheese and twice the walnuts. Very good."