Walnut Green Bean Salad Recipe
Sauteed green beans, hunks of blue cheese and toasted nuts make this an extremely decadent salad. "I lightened up two recipes and combined them into this elegant specialty," writes Sarah Bartel from her home in Kewaunee, Wisconsin.
- 2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the green beans in 1 tablespoon oil until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine the salad greens and beans.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar and remaining oil; drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and blue cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 68 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC