This torte is great to take to someone's house for dinner - I rarely have any to bring back home. It reminds me of desserts my grandma used to make.
Recommended: 55 of Our Favorite Berry Dessert Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups diced peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well. Fold in apples and 3/4 cup walnuts.
- Spread into three greased 8-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Beat cream and confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form; spread between layers and on top of torte. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Graham Torte in Country Extra September 1994, p49
Reviews for Walnut Graham Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review