Walnut Glory Cake Recipe
- 9 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to batter and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add the remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Fold a fourth of the egg whites into batter; fold in remaining egg whites. Fold in walnuts.
- Spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan (pan will be full). Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately invert pan; cool completely. Run a knife around side of cake and remove from pan. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency; drizzle over cake. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Glory Cake in Country Woman March/April 2003, p31
Reviews for Walnut Glory Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2014
"We loved this cake"