Walnut Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped black walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in buttermilk and molasses. Combine the flour, salt, ginger, baking soda, nutmeg and allspice; add to creamed mixture just until moistened Fold in dates and walnuts.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 327 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Gingerbread Muffins
"Excellent muffin recipe. Makes nice sized muffins and smells great in the oven!!"
"Have not had pleasuire of making these yet, but am giving them **5 stars**, since they look sooooo good. Would leave out dates, perhaps use raisins in their place. Thank you for sharing, Mrs. Bush!"