Walnut Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
My mom would always have these muffins on hand when I was growing up. They were a special, sweet little treat any time of day!—Ann Bush, Kansas City, Missouri
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped black walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in buttermilk and molasses. Combine the flour, salt, ginger, baking soda, nutmeg and allspice; add to creamed mixture just until moistened Fold in dates and walnuts.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 327 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Gingerbread Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC