Walnut Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped black walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in buttermilk and molasses. Combine the flour, salt, ginger, baking soda, nutmeg and allspice; add to creamed mixture just until moistened Fold in dates and walnuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Walnut Gingerbread Muffins(2)
Sort By :
Excellent muffin recipe. Makes nice sized muffins and smells great in the oven!!
Have not had pleasuire of making these yet, but am giving them **5 stars**, since they look sooooo good. Would leave out dates, perhaps use raisins in their place. Thank you for sharing, Mrs. Bush!