Walnut Ginger Salmon
Pantry ingredients combine for a delightful marinade that lightly glazes this tender, moist salmon. —Becky Walch, Manteca, California
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, mustard,
- soy sauce and ginger; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet
- coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-9
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, sprinkling with
- walnuts during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 270 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.