- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the brown sugar, mustard, soy sauce and ginger; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, sprinkling with walnuts during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Walnut Ginger Salmon(10)
Sort By :
For someone is usually intimidated by cooking fish. It was very easy and came out the first time trying this. Definitely a keeper!
Very nice flavour, but don't use too thick a piece of salmon. Also, watch the nuts carefully---only 1 minute or they'll burn.
Excellent easy, healthy recipe. Start with best salmon available. Fresh, of course, is ultimate, but frozen wild Pacific Northwest red-sockeye, silver-coho or king-chinook offer outstanding flavor, texture and are available throughout US. Avoid chum, farm-raised, etc. Good cuts or fresh salmon will give you full enjoyment of many fine meals such as this one!
This is really yummy. I'm always looking for good and quick recipes for salmon. This really fit the bill. I could stand a little less ginger or none at all, but it was good as is. Went well with the quinoa dish, too. A great gluten-free dinner!
I didn't start far enough ahead time-wise to marinate the salmon, so I mixed all the marinade ingredients together and rubbed the mixture on both sides of my salmon filets (I had skinless filets). I sauteed them in a non-stick skillet with maybe 1/2 tsp olive oil. Delicious!!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Salmon Dinner Recipes >