I love to cook and look forward to spending quality time with my young son in the kitchen. This is one recipe I'll be sure to share with him when he gets older.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Add 1/3 cup oil and water; beat until smooth. Beat in the flour, vanilla, salt, eggs and remaining oil. Stir in walnuts
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Fudgy Brownies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p84
Reviews for Walnut Fudgy Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review