"This rich recipe is wonderful for the holidays, but my family enjoys it any time of year," relaters Jan Huntington from Painesville, Ohio.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1-1/2 cups walnut halves
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- FUDGE SAUCE:
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- Coffee ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; pour into pastry shell. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter. Stir in cream until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in coffee. Serve pie with ice cream and fudge sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Fudge Pie in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p43
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Walnut Fudge Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2008
"This pie was amazing!!! I've made it several times and look forward to making it this year for the holidays."