- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Vanilla Drizzle
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the butter, sugar, eggs, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down; divide into thirds. Shape each portion into a 12-in. x 7-in. oval. In a bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread down the middle third of each stollen. Fold a long side over to within 1 in. of opposite side; press edge lightly to seal. Place on greased baking sheets; curve ends slightly. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Top with Vanilla Drizzle. Yield: 3 loaves (5 slices each).
Originally published as Walnut-Filled Stollen in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p44
Reviews for Walnut-Filled Stollen
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2012
"I found this reciepe several years ago. It is a consistant winner every time I make it. It's also easy to make."