- and refrigerate overnight.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and
- cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir
- in walnuts.
- Punch dough down. On a floured surface, roll into a 21-in. circle;
- cut into four wedges. Spread filling over dough to within 1/2 in. of
- edges. Roll up each wedge from the wide end.
- Place point side down on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Curve ends to form crescents. Cut slits in pastry. Cover and let
- rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over
- coffee cakes. Cut each into 12 slices. Yield: 4 coffee cakes (12
- slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 149 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.