Walnut Dessert Sauce
"We have two walnut trees in our front yard, so I always have plenty of nuts for this sweet sauce," relates Susan Zeidler of Lancaster, Pennsylvania. "It's one of my son's favorites."
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Ice cream or pound cake
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the corn syrup, maple syrup, sugar and
- water; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in walnuts.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Serve over ice cream
- or pound cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 141 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.