- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Shape each portion into a ball; flatten slightly. Place on two
- greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until
- doubled, about 35 minutes.
- For glaze, in a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Brush over top of loaves. With a sharp
- knife, make several shallow slashes across the top of loaves.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool.
- Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 216 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.