“Whenever I can get salmon for a good price, I always turn to this simple and delicious recipe. It’s good served with mashed potatoes and fresh green beans, too.” —Edie DeSpain, Logan, Utah
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, torn into pieces
- 3 tablespoons finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place salmon on a baking sheet coated with
- cooking spray. Mix mustard and honey; brush over salmon. Place bread
- in a food processor; pulse until coarse crumbs form. Transfer to a
- small bowl. Stir in walnuts, oil and thyme; press onto salmon.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or topping is lightly browned and fish just begins
- to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 295 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 243 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as