A crispy, crunchy crust and moist, tender fish make this recipe a winner. The dipping sauce is salty-sweet and pairs beautifully with walnuts. Taste of Home Test Kitchen - Greendale, Wisconsin
- 4 orange roughy fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the walnuts, bread crumbs, sesame seeds and parsley. Dip fish in the flour, egg, then walnut mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook fish in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. In a small bowl, whisk honey and soy sauce; serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Walnut-Crusted Orange Roughy in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p12
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Walnut-Crusted Orange Roughy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review