- 4 orange roughy fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the walnuts, bread crumbs, sesame seeds and parsley. Dip fish in the flour, egg, then walnut mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook fish in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. In a small bowl, whisk honey and soy sauce; serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Walnut-Crusted Orange Roughy
"A surprisingly delicious combo. The mix of walnuts, bread crumbs and sesame seeds creates a crunchy and tasty coating. The sauce is an excellent accent. Once the fish was done I put them on a butter coated foil lined cookie sheet and kept warm in the oven until ready to serve dinner. Grocery stores did not have orange roughy so I used tilapia."
"Made this one! Hubby is so not a fish eater or my daughter, they both ate it all up. Good one and I used swai."
"Well, my husband is allergic to walnuts so I used peanuts instead and I already had flounder in my freezer but other than that I followed the recipe and my family really liked it. My son was the only exception who liked the fish without the crusty topping. I will definitely make this again. Very easy and quick."
"This was absolutely delicious!!! Crusty and moist. I will not only make it again, but share with friends and family."
"Orange roughy is a great white fish, I find them at Sam's Club in a large bag..Thank you for this ercipeAloha from Hawaii"