Walnut Cream Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute or until tender. Gradually stir in broth.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, whipping cream, salt and pepper; stir into broth mixture (do not boil). Drain fettuccine and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the cream sauce, Parmesan cheese and walnuts; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 490 calories, 28g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Walnut Cream Pasta
"nothing wrong with this, just did not appeal to my family."
"Love this recipe. I've used other pastas as well as used pecans in place of walnuts. Each time it was delicious."
"I make another dish that is almost the same only toast the walnuts as adds it adds so much more flavor. Even better the next day"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.