Walnut Cream Pasta
I take advantage of the local walnut supply by fixing this change-of-pace pasta.Kim Gilliland, Simi Valley, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- small saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute or until tender.
- Gradually stir in broth.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, whipping cream, salt and
- pepper; stir into broth mixture (do not boil). Drain fettuccine and
- transfer to a large serving bowl. Add the cream sauce, Parmesan
- cheese and walnuts; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 490 calories, 28 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.