Walnut-Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches
Guests at an English tea my wife and I hosted thought these little sandwiches were fabulous. Even people who are not fond of cream cheese will love them. —Chuck Hinz, Parma, Ohio
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt and pepper
- 24 thin slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, walnuts, parsley, green
- pepper, onion, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper until blended.
- Spread about 2 tablespoonfuls over each of 12 bread slices; top with
- remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into three 1-in.-wide strips.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 sandwiches equals 176 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.