Walnut-Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches Recipe
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt and pepper
- 24 thin slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, walnuts, parsley, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper until blended.
- 2. Spread about 2 tablespoonfuls over each of 12 bread slices; top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into three 1-in.-wide strips. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 176 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Walnut-Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches
"I spread this on pumpkin spice (a seasonal bread) bread for a board meeting....they were gone in 10 minutes. Wished I had made more...big hit. Als use on cinnamon raisin bread....yummy"
"I make the spread as instructed and leave it in a bowl to be used on bread slices, bagels, etc. Simple, but yummy!"
"I thought this recipe as is tasted flat on flavor. With the addition of a tsp each of salt and pepper, along with 2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning and a few dashes of hot sauce, I could honestly say it tasted better. I would leave out the lemon juice and nutmeg, as they did nothing to enhance the flavor."
"I made this for a potluck at work and everybody loved them, even received some suggestions for next time to maybe add ham and pickes, so i will try that too but for sure i will make them again."