Walnut-Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches Recipe
Guests at an English tea my wife and I hosted thought these little sandwiches were fabulous. Even people who are not fond of cream cheese will love them. —Chuck Hinz, Parma, Ohio
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt and pepper
- 24 thin slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, walnuts, parsley, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper until blended.
- 2. Spread about 2 tablespoonfuls over each of 12 bread slices; top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into three 1-in.-wide strips. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 sandwiches equals 176 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC