Walnut-Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches Recipe
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt and pepper
- 24 thin slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, walnuts, parsley, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and pepper until blended.
- Spread about 2 tablespoonfuls over each of 12 bread slices; top with remaining bread. Cut each sandwich into three 1-in.-wide strips. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Walnut-Cream Cheese Finger Sandwiches(3)
Sort By :
I make the spread as instructed and leave it in a bowl to be used on bread slices, bagels, etc. Simple, but yummy!
I thought this recipe as is tasted flat on flavor. With the addition of a tsp each of salt and pepper, along with 2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning and a few dashes of hot sauce, I could honestly say it tasted better. I would leave out the lemon juice and nutmeg, as they did nothing to enhance the flavor.
I made this for a potluck at work and everybody loved them, even received some suggestions for next time to maybe add ham and pickes, so i will try that too but for sure i will make them again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >