Walnut Cranberry Pound Cake Recipe
When a friend gifted me with this pound cake on Christmas, I had to have the recipe. A slice and a cup of coffee make for an enjoyable mid-day snack. —Dorothy Mathews, Scotia, New York
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the sour cream, syrup, orange peel and vanilla; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture until blended. Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine the confectioners' sugar, syrup and butter until smooth; add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 534 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Walnut Cranberry Pound Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC