Walnut Cranberry Orzo Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute red pepper and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the broth, cranberries and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Drain orzo; toss with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 283 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Cranberry Orzo
"A family favorite; surprising mix of ingredients that tastes wonderful. Easy to make. Great taste as leftovers."