Walnut-Cranberry Lattice Pie Recipe
After this ruby-red pie got rave reviews on Thanksgiving, I was happy to bake it again for Christmas dinner. The naturally tart cranberries are perfectly sweetened and accented with walnuts, raisins and lemon.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Set remaining pastry aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in the sugar, corn syrup and lemon peel; bring to a boil over medium heat. Add cranberries and raisins; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until the berries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in walnuts and butter. Pour into crust.
- 3. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges. Bake at 425° for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC