Walnut Cranberry Coffee Cake Recipe
With plenty of crunchy nuts and tart cranberries, this coffee cake is perfect for Christmastime breakfasts. It's also a great take-along item for potlucks because it's easily portable.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 2. Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, cranberry sauce, orange peel and cinnamon; spoon over batter. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 408 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 329mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Walnut Cranberry Coffee Cake
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2012
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2011
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
"nice recipe. I will try it."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC