Walnut Cranberry Coffee Cake Recipe
With plenty of crunchy nuts and tart cranberries, this coffee cake is perfect for Christmastime breakfasts. It's also a great take-along item for potlucks because it's easily portable.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 2. Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, cranberry sauce, orange peel and cinnamon; spoon over batter. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 408 calories, 25 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Cranberry Coffee Cake
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2012
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2011
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
"nice recipe. I will try it."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC