With plenty of crunchy nuts and tart cranberries, this coffee cake is perfect for Christmastime breakfasts. It's also a great take-along item for potlucks because it's easily portable.
Featured In: Recipes with Cranberries
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, cranberry sauce, orange peel and cinnamon; spoon over batter. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Coffee Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p29
Reviews for Walnut Cranberry Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2012
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2011
Reviewed Dec. 5, 2011
"nice recipe. I will try it."