Walnut Corn Dip
The walnuts in this recipe complement the Southwestern flavor of the creamy dip. It goes great with tortillas, crackers or even carrot sticks. —Mavis Diment, Marcus, Iowa
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, lime juice, cumin,
- cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir in the corn, walnuts and onion.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 215 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.