Walnut-Coconut Coffee Cake Recipe
In Livingston, Texas, Doris Jones bakes this moist morning treat for her friends and family. "My grocer likes me to bring him this coffee cake when I stop by," she relates. "He says it's the best."
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to the egg mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir just until moistened. Stir in coconut and walnuts just until combined.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 410 calories, 22g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Walnut-Coconut Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC