Walnut Cocoa Bread Recipe
- 2/3 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 3. Just before the final kneading (your bread machine may audibly signal this), add the walnuts. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 slice: 168 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Cocoa Bread
"The bread was absolutely wonderful. To give it sweetness I added 1/4 cup of chocolate semi-sweet morsels. Yes, the aroma of chocolate while baking was mouth watering. Yum"
"The aroma of chocolate as this bread was baking was wonderful. It was a little disappointing that the flavor of the chocolate wasn't very strong. The chocolate came through more when the bread was cold. Overall, a very good bread."