Who wouldn't love these ooey-gooey rolls from Jill Defries of Windom, Minnesota? They're fast to assemble using frozen bread dough, and they get their great flavor from cinnamon, brown sugar and chopped walnuts.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Roll dough into a 20-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 20 slices, 1 in. thick. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Drizzle with cream. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 20 rolls.
Originally published as Walnut Cinnamon Rolls in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p65
Reviews for Walnut Cinnamon Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review