- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Roll dough into a 20-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Cut into 20 slices, 1 in. thick. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Drizzle with cream. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Invert onto a serving platter. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over rolls. Serve warm. Yield: 20 rolls.
Reviews for Walnut Cinnamon Rolls
Sort By :
This is an easy recipe to make. I used Rhodes bread dough and used chopped pecans instead of the walnuts. I made this at our family get together and it went over very well. Succulent and moist~~ not dry. Making another 2 batches today!
These are easy and good. I did think they needed to be rolled out a bit wider than 6" to be able to coil them up very easily. My husband says they were the best I've made and were better than the canned kind (his highest praise).