Walnut-Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
From Allen, Texas, Emajo Wilson shares this delightful and delectable recipe for her favorite coffee cake. Moist, buttery and boxed-cake-mix simple, it’s also a favorite with family and friends.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add cake mix and mix well. Beat in sour cream just until combined.
- 2. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine the filling ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter. Cut through with a knife to swirl.
- 3. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 422 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC