Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, lightly cream the margarine and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 95 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
"We were halfway through this when we saw the yogurt. What? Never had that in a cookie before! But I had some on hand, so went ahead. They are very, very good. This will be my new go-to recipe, for sure. They are thick, but because there is less butter, they are lighter. We used unsalted butter instead of margarine because I don't use margarine. Highly recommend the step of toasting the walnuts for great flavor. Also, we made a triple batch at one time in the stand mixer (6qt size). No way was this 48 servings per recipe for me. The triple batch was about a batch and a half of a normal recipe."
"I really beat the batter once I added the eggs, a happy mistake because the cookies baked up high and light - and almost a cake-like consistency. I will try to do the same thing again next time I make these. Very chewy and nice. Just sweet enough. I would like to share a photo but don't know how!"
"These cookies are delicious - a softer, almost cake-like cookie - just the way I like them. Thank you."
"Very easy to make. Tastes great, too. I could only find the HUGE plain yogurt, so I bought a little vanilla one instead and halved the amount of vanilla extract."