Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nothing is better than a batch of homemade cookies and these are sure to become a favorite in your family. The walnuts adds a wonderful crunch.—Bethany Thayer, Troutville, Virginia
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, lightly cream the margarine and sugars. Add eggs,
- one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt and
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated
- with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until
- golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 95 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.