Walnut Chocolate Burritos
"Inspired by my family's love of Mexican food, I experimented with tortillas, chocolate, crunchy walnuts and cinnamon to come up with this sweet treat," writes Kay Martin of Greenville, South Carolina. "It's fun and different and goes together in just minutes. I like to serve them warm and drizzled with melted chocolate, then dusted with powdered sugar. Wonderful!"
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips, walnuts and
- cinnamon. Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate; microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds or until pliable. Spoon
- chocolate chip mixture down the center of tortillas; fold top and
- bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook burritos in oil for 1-2 minutes
- or until lightly browned, turning once. In a microwave-safe bowl,
- melt shortening and remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over burritos. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 470 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 254 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.