Walnut Chocolate Burritos Recipe
"Inspired by my family's love of Mexican food, I experimented with tortillas, chocolate, crunchy walnuts and cinnamon to come up with this sweet treat," writes Kay Martin of Greenville, South Carolina. "It's fun and different and goes together in just minutes. I like to serve them warm and drizzled with melted chocolate, then dusted with powdered sugar. Wonderful!"
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup chocolate chips, walnuts and cinnamon. Place tortillas on a microwave-safe plate; microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-15 seconds or until pliable. Spoon chocolate chip mixture down the center of tortillas; fold top and bottom of tortilla over filling and roll up.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook burritos in oil for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt shortening and remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over burritos. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Chocolate Burritos in Country Woman July/August 2005, p39
Reviews for Walnut Chocolate Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Desserts >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Mexican Dessert Recipes >