Walnut Chip Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- 2. Place half of the oats at a time in a blender; cover and process until powdery. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 3. Transfer to a large bowl if necessary. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls.
- 4. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm (do not overbake). Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 12 dozen.
1 each: 110 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Walnut Chip Cookies
"their soooooo.................delicious, you just cannot stop at 5. Ha ha ha"