- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Place half of the oats at a time in a blender; cover and process until powdery. Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a large bowl if necessary. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Roll into 1-1/4-in. balls.
- Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are firm (do not overbake). Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 12 dozen.
Originally published as Walnut Chip Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p46
Reviews for Walnut Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2011
their soooooo.................delicious, you just cannot stop at 5. Ha ha ha