Walnut Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon oil, soy sauce, bouillon granules, ginger and chili powder; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and marinade in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken with slotted spoon and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli for 8 minutes. Add onion and red pepper; stir fry 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 3. Return chicken to the skillet. Combine remaining cornstarch and water until smooth. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve over rice is desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 253 calories, 11g fat (1g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Walnut Chicken Stir-Fry
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.