Walnut Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1 teaspoon oil, soy sauce, bouillon granules, ginger and chili powder; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and marinade in remaining oil until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken with slotted spoon and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli for 8 minutes. Add onion and red pepper; stir fry 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Return chicken to the skillet. Combine remaining cornstarch and water until smooth. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve over rice is desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Chicken Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p56
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Walnut Chicken Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >