Walnut Chicken Skillet Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy sauce until smooth; add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the water, vinegar, sugar, hot pepper sauce and remaining cornstarch and soy sauce; set aside.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute walnuts in oil until toasted; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken until no longer pink.
- 4. Remove and keep warm. Add green pepper and ginger to skillet; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- 5. Return chicken and walnuts to pan. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 321 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Chicken Skillet
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.