Walnut Chicken Skillet Recipe
"I discovered this when looking for a recipe to use in my new wok," recalls Kay Hatfield of Elgin, Illinois. "It's the best stir-fry I've ever found...and the only way my son will eat chicken."
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon soy sauce until smooth; add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the water, vinegar, sugar, hot pepper sauce and remaining cornstarch and soy sauce; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute walnuts in oil until toasted; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken until no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm. Add green pepper and ginger to skillet; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until pepper is crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Return chicken and walnuts to pan. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Chicken Skillet in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p19
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Walnut Chicken Skillet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >