Walnut-Cheese Spinach Salad
Tangy homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing gives a summery flavor—and a pretty pink-red tint—to this salad that's definitely special enough to serve to company.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 to 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries and sugar; bring to a boil over
- medium heat, Cook for 1 minute. Strain and discard pulp.
- In a blender, combine the raspberry juice, oil, vinegar and
- Worcestershire sauce if desired; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, onion, cheese and
- walnuts. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing; toss to coat.
- Refrigerate any remaining dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 202 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.