Walnut-Cheese Spinach Salad Recipe
Tangy homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing gives a summery flavorand a pretty pink-red tintto this salad that's definitely special enough to serve to company. Christine Wilson Sellersville, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 to 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries and sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat, Cook for 1 minute. Strain and discard pulp.
- In a blender, combine the raspberry juice, oil, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce if desired; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, onion, cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate any remaining dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Walnut-Cheese Spinach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p31
Reviews for Walnut-Cheese Spinach Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2011
This salad is known in our family as the 'Christmas salad because of the pretty red and green colours. I get requests for this one all year long though. Its awesome.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Raspberry Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spinach Recipes >