Tangy homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing gives a summery flavor—and a pretty pink-red tint—to this salad that's definitely special enough to serve to company. —Christine Wilson Sellersville, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, optional
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 to 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, combine raspberries and sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat, Cook for 1 minute. Strain and discard pulp.
- In a blender, combine the raspberry juice, oil, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce if desired; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, onion, cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate any remaining dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Walnut-Cheese Spinach Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p31
Reviews for Walnut-Cheese Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review