Walnut Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Orange gel food coloring and fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients until well blended. Stir in carrots and nuts.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- 4. Tint a small amount of frosting orange for the carrot if desired. Frost cake with plain frosting. Cut into squares. Pipe an orange carrot onto each square; add a parsley sprig for the carrot top if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 543 calories, 31 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 423 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Carrot Cake
"I had a hard time getting past the mayo. I don't know. It just creeped me out. I couldn't really taste it but my brain wanted to taste it. I think if I didn't know it was in there I wouldn't have been able to taste it. Anyway the creep factor earned it a 4 star rating. I did use gluten free cake mix the texture was great. For the frosting I mixed vanilla frosting with about 6 oz. of cream cheese. That was great. a quick fix. I also added extra cinnamon and raisins."
"Impressive dessert for little effort. The cake turned out moist and delicious. I added about a tbsp of vanilla and used fat free mayo.Excellent keeper recipe!"