Walnut Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Orange gel food coloring and fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients until well blended. Stir in carrots and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Tint a small amount of frosting orange for the carrot if desired. Frost cake with plain frosting. Cut into squares. Pipe an orange carrot onto each square; add a parsley sprig for the carrot top if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Carrot Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p34
Reviews for Walnut Carrot Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2008
"Impressive dessert for little effort. The cake turned out moist and delicious. I added about a tbsp of vanilla and used fat free mayo.Excellent keeper recipe!"