Walnut Carrot Bundt Cake Recipe
This carrot cake is surprisingly moist and very flavorful. It also has a nice texture and cut beautifully for serving to your guests.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and lemon peel. Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Stir in carrots and nuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 467 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Walnut Carrot Bundt Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC