- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and lemon peel. Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Stir in carrots and nuts.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Walnut Carrot Cake in Country October/November 2003, p49
Reviews for Walnut Carrot Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review