Walnut Caramel Cake Recipe
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the caramels, butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Pour over warm cake.
- 2. Sprinkle with the walnuts and chocolate chips. Pour the remaining batter over chips. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until cake is set and pulls away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Walnut Caramel Cake
"Other than sticking to the sides of the cake pan. This is the best cake ever. Very easy to make. I melted a can of chocolate frosting in the microwave and poured about 1/2 of it onto the cooled cake. OMG! Tastes like a turtle candy. Recommending it to all my friends and family"