Walnut Cake Brownies
I ran out of boxed brownie mix once and experimented with cake mix instead. The result was so yummy my family thought I'd made brownies from scratch.Charlotte Baillargeon, Hinsdale, Massachusetts
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs,
- oil and water until well blended (batter will be thick). Stir in
- walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 25-33 minutes or
- until the top springs back when lightly touched in the center. Cool
- on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 99 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.