- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil and water until well blended (batter will be thick). Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 25-33 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched in the center. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Walnut Cake Brownies
Sort By :
We really enjoyed these brownies. I increased the 1/4 c water to 1/2 c and had no problems spreading or with dryness. As our store's brand devil's food cake mix is only $.97 this recipe is very cost effective in addition to being easy and yummy.
I used this recipe for Thanksgiving, had cake mix and didn't want cake. It turned out like dry cake. The batter was very difficult, too thick. I even added a half cup extra water and managed to get it spread in the pan. I suggest using some Hershey's syrup in the batter to make it moister. Will make again and use for Hot Fudge Cake.
Whenever I make brownies the edges always get hard. What am I doing wrong.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Bars >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >